Monday, June 30, 2014

If You Only Read One Blog Post This Summer...

...it should definitely not be this one.  But since you're already here, read on, my pretties, read on.

I think I might be dying of boredom.  The summer of fun has quickly dissolved into just summer.  Mike has been working long hours lately and the days are stretching into oblivion.  Since Option A for summer activities usually requires applying gallons of sunscreen onto millions of children and shielding the wee one from the heat and searing sunlight, I usually choose Option B: stare blankly at the wall while the kids go all Lord of the Flies in the basement.  Today there was a wedding ceremony in which my 8 year old son dressed up as the bride and was betrothed to the 3 year old girl that I babysit, who was serving as the groom.  My 10 year old officiated the ceremony, and, as I told the groom's parents, she spent some time on the computer this morning so she could be an ordained minister for all I know.  There was also a 4 year old witness.  The whole thing could be a legal union.  Who knows?  Here's the video they made, in case you want to watch the nuptials. 



And my one hobby, shaking my booty on the Jazzercise dance floor, is being put on hold because of a stupid back injury.  How will I occupy my time if I can't dance appropriately to Pit Bull in a choreographed setting?  Sigh. 

In other news, Reece is keeping himself busy.  Today during "nap" he thought it would be a good idea to put on nine shirts at the same time.  He got himself stuck and my mom had to get the jaws of life to remove him.  He also drew with chalk pastels on the couch cushions and filled up gallon-sized storage bags with water while he was supposed to be cleaning.  See what I mean?  Lord of the Flies. 
And I still let the juvenile delinquent help me make and eat caramel popcorn after dinner.  Color me a pushover. 

And the computer keeps telling me that my anti-virus program has expired.  But it's been warning me for so long that here is the message I get now: "There is practically nothing standing between you and criminals!"  Life on the edge, I tell you.

1 comment:

  1. I decided last week that I couldn't keep up the 4-5x a week schedule for Jazzercise, so I'm relieved to know I'm not letting you down...but I'm really, really sorry your back is hurt! This week I'm on multiple deadlines & my family is coming in, but next week all my Lord of the Flies are home, so we can start planning field trips & play dates to break up the boredom.

    ReplyDelete