Friday, January 9, 2015

7 Quick Takes: New Year's Edition

I'm ba-ack...

The holidays definitely took their toll on this ragtag bunch and while I won't lull you to sleep with all the not-gory details, Glennen Melton over at Momastery put it best when she said, "It's called 'Holiday Break' because it breaks a mother's will to live."  I might have muttered, "I hate my life" more than once over the last few weeks of December.  I don't really, most of the time...

Here are 7 Quick Takes about the things that have revolutionized my life since we last talked!

seven quick takes friday 2

#1: PRESCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There aren't enough exclamation points in the world to accurately convey my joy over this most glorious invention.  The pre-k partners in crime are going somewhere else to be taught by someone other than me two mornings each week and we are all better people for it.  Reece was so pumped that he had vegetable soup AND a biscuit for lunch the first day.  You can bet your biscuits that if I'd made that same lunch he would have fasted for religious reasons.  I thought the first drop off was going to be traumatizing--Preschool eve he started hinting that he didn't want to go: "I am too big for preschool."  "I don't like my teacher."  "I don't know where the bathroom is."  But much to my surprise, he manned up, marched right in, hung his coat on his hook and started writing his name at his table.  He refused to pose for a picture.  So I took one anyway when he wasn't looking. 

And that's me, singing my freedom song

 
#2: A High Efficiency Washer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Also, needing all the punctuation for this most wondrous of appliances.  It is magical.  I can put approximately three times the clothing in this new washer as my old one!  Game.  Changer.  I don't even know what to do with myself now that the laundry is no longer ruining my every waking moment.  If it would only fold and put the clothes away, then I really would have it all...

#3: Hmm...there were other things, but now I am at a loss...I got a big coffee cup that I really like, does that warrant a blog mention?  Does any of this?  Are you even still reading?  I learned how to use the Pic Stitch app which brought you the above collage.  So I guess you can thank me for all the photo collages of my people that are in your future.  Oh!  Holiday Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea is most delicious.  Brew it up and add a touch of Stevia and it tastes like a legit sugar cookie in liquid form. 

#4: And since it's January and we're all hyped up on New Year's resolutions I'll share mine: to keep better attendance and records at this so-called "childcare" operation that I run here.  So basically to write names and payments on a calendar.  It's impressive, I know.  I'm still thinking/praying about a word for 2015--currently "underwhelming" and "mediocrity" are the front runners.

Here's a bunch of unrelated pictures to round out this post:

#5:


Emma posing as Mark Twain for her famous Missourian project.

#6:
I got another baby!  Kidding.  But she's my goddaughter, so it's close enough...maybe better!
 #7:
Our mostly merry Christmas!



Happy New Year!  It's January 9th, can I still say that?  Who cares...I'm throwing caution to the wind!  Go see Kelly for more 7QTs!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you on the preschool front! I can't even tell you!

    ReplyDelete